Saturday 16 February 2008

Twinkling blooms


Here's another card from my session experimenting with Twinkling H20's. For this card, I used my twinklings to apply colour directly to the stamp! In real life the colour is really vibrant and the shimmer is very apparent.


To do this technique, you need a fairly solid image stamp and you need to mist your twinklings and let them sit a bit to get nice because you want a nice thick application of paint to your stamp. Before you stamp you need to mist the stamp and I also misted the watercolour paper to make sure the pigment transferred well. Once I stamped the central flower, I re-misted my stamp and got two more images that way. The change in intensity makes for a nice look.


Once I had my images down, I added some background colour with my stipple brush. In real life it's not quite as dark as in the scan. I used blue near the top, some yellow and plum on the blossoms and green near the bottom. The sentiment is from the new Sale-A-Bration rub-on package. I kept the embellishments fairly simple on this card but I did add some eggplant acrylic paint in three spots just to frame the image. The raisin paper is a textured cardstock so it didn't need any stamps.


I'm pleased with the results of this experiment and I'll definitely be trying this technique again. I'm also in love with these Penny Black brush stroke stamps. I just need to find a good Canadian source. I found this one at Western Educational in Edmonton, but that's not terribly convenient for me. I'll need to keep looking. I have my eye on a few more of those stamps, especially the side-on butterfly, the dragonfly, and some of the botanicals. They're just too beautiful!


Thanks for looking!


Supplies: Stamp: Penny Black; Ink: brocade blue, summer sun, perfect plum, wild wasabi; Paper: watercolour, garden green, textured raisin cardstock; Accessories: Love and Happiness rub-on - Stampin' Up, stipple brush, eggplant acrylic paint - Ranger.

1 comment:

  1. WOW -I love your stuff...beautiful card!

    I am going to Cornwall with the old gang...hope you decide to join us.

    Also - I completed the meme you tagged me on!!! Check it out!

    ReplyDelete