Thursday 7 February 2008

Fun flowery thank you


I had a few moments today during nap time and needed to do some therapeutic stamping. I needed a thank you card and found this flower from Sunshine Designs already coloured in my scrap box so I thought I would turn it into a card. I liked the pinks on the flower, but I found if I put it on pink paper, the pinks were diminished a bit. I like how they pop against the blue instead. (I'm sure this can all be explained by {deep, sonorous, CBC-type voice} Colour Theory, but I'm a simple girl and I just go by what I like.)


Anyway...back to the card. The flower was stamped in permanent ink and watercoloured with Tombow markers. I used Stickles to highlight different parts. That was the premade part. Today's work sprang from today's Ways To Use It challenge (to use dots/polka dots) and yesterday's sketch challenge. I added dots as the background (dots stamp from Polka Dots and Paisley) and a dotted strip of paper (again from my scrap pile). The dots on the stamp and the page pebbles echo the theme. The sentiment was embossed with white and popped up for some dimension.


Not my favourite card of all time, but I like it well enough. Now I just need to get it in the mail!


Supplies: Stamps: Garden Branch - Sunshine Designs, Polka Dots and Petals and Much Appreciated - Stampin' Up!; Ink: palette black noir, versamark; Paper: watercolour, brocade blue, bordering blue, certainly celery designer series prints; Accessories: page pebbles, tombow markers, white embossing powder, stickles


Can I share a proud moment? Remember the Rambling scrapbook page from a few posts ago? Well, I won the store gift certificate! I had thought it was a random draw, but I found out today it's not. My page was picked (from some pretty fabulous pages*) as the one the chooser liked best. I don't know who the chooser was, but thank you! I used my gift certificate to get this month's scrapbook kit :-) Can't wait to crack into that!


*I tried to put a link to the pages in, but I couldn't - they're at http://www.paperparadise.ca/ under {Be inspired}.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful thank you card, love the vibrant colors. Congrats on winning the contest, how exciting :)

    ReplyDelete