Wednesday 13 February 2008

Soft Sky Valentine


I made this card yesterday when my aunt was visiting. We wanted to play with some Twinkling H20's so I whipped this card together. In real life it's a bit softer looking, but my scanner doesn't seem to want to read the soft pink so it "auto sets" it to a much darker colour. I fiddled with it a bit to get it better, but this was as close as patience would allow. The card itself is Soft Sky, if that helps give you an idea. The heart is a soft pink with a hint of purple in it.


The heart is from the Sunshine Designs Hearts cube and I stamped it in Palette black noir. I painted it with a variety of twinklings and my aquapainter, using watercolour paper to get good blending. I used another heart for the background and stamped it in Soft Sky. The heart is mounted on a pink (Pixie Pink???) and a sheet of Michael's magenta. A few dots of Ranger acrylic in Stream and some stickles and this card was done like dinner.


Thanks for looking!


PS There's still time to register for my Lovely Layered Inks class at Heather's (Sat Feb 23 from 10-1 or March 28 from 1-4). It's going to be fun - it's an awesome project!



Supplies: Stamps: Sunshine Designs Hearts cube; ink: Palette black noir, soft sky; Paper: watercolour, pixie pink, magenta, soft sky; Accessories: stampin' dimensionals, twinkling h20s, Stream acrylic paint - Ranger.

1 comment:

  1. You are so friggin talented!!!!

    Hope all is well.

    I promise to do middle name meme this coming week!

    ReplyDelete