Friday, 1 November 2013

October Stamping Challenge #16

Hello!  Here's the card I made yesterday, but didn't get to posting till now.  I had some Dylusion-sprayed paper that was stamped with a Curlicue flower and embossed with a sandy coloured embossing powder that really didn't suit.  Still, I kept the paper around and decided that my October Stamping Challenge was the time to turn it into something.  I used a flower die (Tim Holtz - Sizzix) to cut some flowers out of it and tried various arrangements.  The card base was a reject from another stamping challenge (despite my efforts not to create more scraps than I can use!) and the strip underneath was another scrap from a different Dylusion-sprayed experiment.  The card base is stamped with a script stamp (I think it's one from Cornish Heritage Farms) stamped in some sort of olive ink.  I popped up the flower with foam tape, added Dark Blue stickles on the dots, and added a button and some Avocado liquid pearls.  I fear these additional embellishments are a bit over the top.  This is not my favourite project, but it did use all scrappy stuff that was on my desk, it did take less than fifteen minutes, but did not use a new stamp. 

This has been a fun challenge!  I don't think I can keep up the pace at the moment.  I am gearing up for the church bazaar where I am coordinating the sewing and knitting table.  I have a few projects on my knitting needles and I am taking a quilting class so have a sampler quilt underway.  I am absolutely not complaining, just not very good at juggling and balancing.  Still, this challenge has reminded me that it is always mentally and creative restorative to make time for stamping.  It is also satisfying to use up the scraps and bits and bobs that are cluttering my stamping desk.  I think if I kept this challenge up until the end of December, I would have a clean desk out of it.  December 2018 that is!!! Hahahahaaa!

Hope you get some stamping in this weekend!