Thursday, 27 March 2008
Wednesday, 26 March 2008
Here are the rules:
The rules of the game:
• Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
• Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog, we all want to know them.
• Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
• Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
OK, here goes
1. I have been to all the provinces in Canada except Prince Edward Island and I've been to one of the territories (NWT).
2. I'm left-handed.
3. I know the alphabet in sign language.
4. I love to read my favourite books over and over.
5. The first car I owned was a red Honda Civic (hatchback). I still have it.
6. I don't really like musicals, except for The Sound of Music and Mary Poppins. And Mamma Mia, which I *loved*.
7. I've been hiking on the highest mountain in the Canadian Rockies (just on the trails in the backcountry- I didn't go all the way to the top!).
Tuesday, 25 March 2008
Friday, 21 March 2008
Tuesday, 18 March 2008
Sunday, 16 March 2008
Yummy Recipe Follows:
Saturday, 15 March 2008
Friday, 14 March 2008
Thursday, 13 March 2008
Tuesday, 11 March 2008
Saturday, 8 March 2008
Wednesday, 5 March 2008
I like this card a lot (is that too immodest???). I love the soothing image and the serene colours. I like that I dipped into my pad of Periphery (BasicGrey) and its coordinating ribbon (thank you Santa!). I like that I got to use my stylus with foam tip to make that watery looking backdrop*. I like that I got to spend some time happily absorbed in doing nothing but painting with my twinklings. This was a card made with no particular purpose in mind, only enjoyment. I'm not sure what I'll use it for, but it's nice to have some blank cards in the stash to use when I don't have time to make a card.
Thanks for looking!
*To make the blue background, I inked up the foam tip and buffed the paper in a circular motion, starting with the lightest blue and working my way up to the darkest, leaving some white space and trying to avoid lines from the foam tip. A light touch works best for colour application and blending.
Supplies: Stamp: Stampington & Co.; Ink: black stazon, chalk (colorbox - Prussian blue, Versamagic Aegean blue, aspen mist, night sky); Paper: watercolour, always artichoke, Periphery - BasicGrey, Papertrey Ink white; Other: Periphery ribbon, Stampin' Up eyelets, Colorbox stylus and foam tip, Twinkling H20's and aquapainter.
Tuesday, 4 March 2008
Monday, 3 March 2008
These are easy to use - just peel and stick! I needed to pick out a few small spots with my craft knife where the middles didn't stay behind, but that was easy.
I stuck the butterflies down on some naturals white cardstock and painted them with some twinkling H20's in colours that tied in with the paper I had chosen (some Bazzill textured cardstock and a geometric pattern from BasicGrey's Figgy Pudding collection). I stamped the "cherish" in white pigment ink, but I think it might have looked better embossed in silver. I didn't want to take away too much from the butterflies, so I'm still undecided on that. It's looking better now that the ink has dried a bit darker. And I've finished the card with a few drops of my new favourite colour (Stream) of acrylic Adirondack paints.
Thanks for looking!
Supplies: Stamps: Warm Words set - Stampin' Up!; Ink: Whisper White craft ink; Paper: Naturals White (SU), Bazzill cardstock, Silent Night - Figgy Pudding collection from Basic Grey; Other: Butterfly peel-offs - Mark Richards, twinkling H20's (Buttercup, Sunflower, African Jade, Teal Zircon, Meridian Blue), Adirondack acrylic dimensional paint.