Sunday 10 February 2008

Baby shower card


I was off to a friend's baby shower today and this is the card I gave her. I made it with my new Sale-a-Bration scallops set and some gorgeous designer series prints. I love how the colours all match! I'm getting very spoiled by all this colour coordination. :-) This card was quick to put together, and the only little extra is a bit of Sakura glitter pen on the stars for some twinkle. I used a ready-made long note, the punch was super quick, the patterned paper was quick, and I even dipped into my Sherbet Ribbon Originals. That very wide ribbon can be tricky to incorporate, but I think it works as a design element here.


I had a great big bag of presents for my friend. She wanted a second-hand shower, so I went "shopping" in my basement and found lots of things in good condition that I can pass on. I also found a great nursing pillow at the local consignment store at a fabulous price. It's nice to be able to get some more mileage out of baby things since they're only in use for such a short time.


The food at the shower was really yummy. Some great cheeses, delicious guacamole and a wonderful strawberry cake. I brought some triple chocolate brownies. I had given thought to making some lavender-lemon sugar cookies with my stork, ducky and teddybear cookie cutters, but my friend doesn't really consider something to be dessert unless it has chocolate in it. So I went with yummy, yummy brownies from this month's Canadian Living magazine. And to gild the lily I used my super-special Callebaut baking chocolate that my mother brought when she visited. The good news is there are leftovers! We have family over for dinner tomorrow night so the brownies will make a nice dessert.


Supplies: Stamps: So Many Scallops - Stampin' Up!; Ink: Certainly Celery; Paper: So Saffron long notes, Certainly Celery, designer series prints in So Saffron and Certainly Celery; Accessories: celery buttons and Sherbet Ribbon Originals (both SU), embroidery floss, Sakura glitter pen




No comments:

Post a Comment