Saturday 23 February 2008

From the Groovy Guava Garden


I had a great stamping day today. It was my first time teaching at my LSS and we all had a great time. The ladies made some really gorgeous creations. I'm really looking forward to my next class, which is on March 15. Check out the store calendar if you're interested.

Now for today's card. What do you do when you're pressed for time, short on ideas, and need a wayyyyy overdue thank you card? Crack open your new (and free!) stamp set and check the Stampin' Up idea book for sample ideas. That's what I did when I made this little number.

My open house order got here on Thursday and in the box was this hostess set (From the Garden). It's so pretty! I really liked the sample in the catalogue so I used that as my inspiration for this card, with a few minor modifications.

I stamped the image in groovy guava and sponged it lightly with blush blossom, barely banana, certainly celery and mellow moss. I added a bit of sparkle with my sakura glitter pen to the middle. The sentiment is stamped (somewhat crookedly) in mellow moss. (Crookedness is optional, but I was too lazy to start over.) I used a bit of groovy guava designer series paper and some groovy guava ribbon (the last of my gg ribbon from a share - do I get more???) to finish off the card. Everything is mounted on a guava card blank. Now I just need to write this up before our friends forget they ever did anything nice for us and/or vow never to do anything nice for us again.

I'm not sure whether the sponging added anything, I liked the toile look of just the guava on white, but there you go. I'll know better next time. When you're me, there's always another card on the way!

Thanks for looking!

All supplies Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted: Stamps: From the Garden, Much Appreciated; Ink: Groovy Guava, Mellow Moss, Barely Banana, Blush Blossom; Paper: Whisper White, Goovy Guava designer series prints, Groovy Guava; Accessories: Groovy Guava double-stitched grosgrain ribbon, glitter pen - Sakura.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card Karen! I love the colours!

    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you've done with that hostess stamp. I'm inspired to pull mine out!

    ReplyDelete