Thursday 14 February 2008

Height of Fashion Challenge Card

Today's Ways To Use It challenge on splitcoast was to make a card using fashion as the inspiration. Since I got *brand new rubbah* today {grin}, I wanted to use my new Riot of Petals stamp. I love those frondy blooms and they instantly made me think of those colourful, graphic designs by Pucci. I found some great inspiration on the Pucci website, but it was this caftan in blue that inspired this card.





I loved the colours in this blouse and the bold swirling lines. I thought the Riot of Petals echoed this feeling and I used my Tombow markers to colour the image (after embossing it in black) to get that same intensity of colour. The only embellishment I used was some ivory organdy ribbon, gold cord and a 1" circle sentiment. I tried lots of different things, but they all seemed to compete with the flowers. This embellishment seemed to suit though it didn't scan well. I might try to get a better picture of it if it's sunny tomorrow. (I keep telling myself I don't need one of those fancy set-ups that the serious bloggers use, but I'm getting a bit frustrated with my current system of going from real-card to digital-card.)





This was a great challenge and I had a wonderful time playing this one. And it's as close as I'll probably ever come to having something Pucci in my house ;-)

Supplies: Stamps: Riot of Petals, Circle of Friendship - Stampin' Up!; Ink: versamark, river rock; Paper: watercolour, basic black, brilliant blue, Papertrey Ink white; Accessories: ivory organdy ribbon, gold cord, Tombow markers, aquapainter

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! It's funny, I never noticed this stamp in the catalogue (and you must have an idea of how often I've looked at my catalogue), until now... Now I might need to get this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't need a "fancy set up" ... just get some daylight light bulbs and a couple of pieces of poster board ... this card is absolutely beautiful ... I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning! The perfect choice for the inspiration and I LOVE how you've coloured it. WOW! :0) Mel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness - this is an absolutely gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really pretty Karen! I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!!! I love what you did with this one. It is awesome.

    ReplyDelete