Wednesday 1 September 2010

Sunny sunflower


Hello! Here's another card for my bazaar stash. I made it using a piece I rejected when developing a stamping class. I stamped the sunflower (Sunshine Designs) on some red sparkle paper and heat embossed it in black. That got rejected for class purposes. Fast forward several months and I grabbed the piece to see what I could do with it. I coloured it with Bruynzeel pencil crayons (a base coat of white seemed to work best) and accented with Distress stickles. I went a bit funky with the background. I must have been inspired by our Mexican-themed cottage this summer and all its brightly coloured accessories. (Cottage was fantastic BTW, had a wonderful time. Would go back in a flash.)


The colour looks a bit off on my scan - the blue panel is Pacific Point and the card base is Crushed Curry. Picture the colour amped up about 50 watts. (Hubby is telling me that nothing can be "amped up". I should say "amplified". Now he's grilling me on the difference on colour intensity and brightness. Something about something being exactly the same red only blinding and something being different red and not blinding. I lost track somewhere in the middle. And now he is refusing to replay his conversation "if this is going to be fodder, that's f-o-d-d-e-r." I'm busted! In his defence he thought I was working on presentation for work so he was trying to spare me shame and humiliation in front of audience of experts. Kindly meant, but futile - shame and humiliation will be inevitable, hence me working on blog post instead of presentation.) Anyway, picture the card amped up 300 volts per metre squared. That's how bright it is. Or in Spinal Tap terms, this card goes all the way up to 11. tee hee hee!

Other various touches: things edged in Artprint Brown (a la Krista Schneider), background stamped in Sunflower from one of the Sunshine Designs flower cubes, and little Terra Cotta dots (Adirondack dimensional pearls, again a la Krista). Yummy, yummy, yummy. I like this one. It's totally outside my normal comfort zone (ie blinding colour scheme) but I thought it would be good to have a variety for the bazaar and sometimes it's fun to just throw caution and good sense (taste?) to the wind and see what happens.

Thanks for looking!

PS Date set for zombie class at Heather's! Afternoon Sat Oct 2. If you don't want to do zombies, you can do ordinary colouring, but make sure you keep your cards away from the zombie ones so they don't "turn". tee hee hee.


No comments:

Post a Comment