Thursday 23 September 2010

Something fishy


Hello! Well, I found my Position-It. It was under quite a few things in a cupboard. I'm glad to have found it - it's just the ticket for positioning stamps quickly and easily.
Well, this card didn't involve any Position-Its, or alignment tools of any kind (as you may be able to tell....). This card started out with me wanting to try my new Lapis Lazuli embossing powder. It's so gorgeous. Soo, soooo gorgeous. It's got blues and coppers in it and it's so beautiful stamped on. Luscious. I think it benefits from a nice solid image so I thought I would do this fish (Fred B. Mullet). I did a bit of a chalk ink background for it, nice soft hues. (I've been working up a Christmas sample so I needed a break from the reds and greens.) I used a variety of colorbox fluid chalks and my mini brayer. I also sponged through some sequin waste and stamped on some crowns. Not sure why the crowns. They were a last-minute addition. I think it was because of the sentiment, which made me start singing "The King of Love, my Shepherd Is" and so crowns just had to go on. Anyway, after I stamped and embossed the fish, I added some colour with Twinkling H20s (Ocean Wave and Indian Copper), and while they were on the go, I coloured up some scrap paper for a sentiment, in a rare flash of forward planning. I also flicked on some drops of Indian Copper onto the card base. The sentiment stamp is from a new Stampin' Up set, as are the crowns. Just before I went to bed last night, I put on the copper dots (Terra Cotta dimensional pearls, Ranger). Not sure about those. On the one hand they are shiny, but on the other hand they are crooked, and on another hand, they frame the picture. 2/3 ain't bad, plus you can't chisel them off. They stay. Not sure when I'll next need an "amour" card with a fish on it, but if such an occasion does arise, I'm certain I wouldn't be able to find one in a store!
Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. That does look sooooooo effective doesn't it. Perfect for your little fish. Think I may have to try and get some of that having seen how fab this looks.

    (lol just about to write my little code in below to add the comment and the letters are 'brine'. Very in keeping lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new embossing powder looks great! So does your card.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how beautiful!! I so love all the sparkle on your fish!! Gorgeous card!!

    ReplyDelete