Monday 30 August 2010

Thank you card set


Hello! I mentioned in a previous post that I'm trying to build up a stash for the church bazaar this year. I thought some nice sets in a little paper box might sell well. I'm thinking under $10, perfect for teacher gifts, etc.

I had some scraps from a Basic Grey paper pack (Lime Rickey, I think), so I stamped them with a Hero Arts apple and paper pieced them. (I coloured the stems, though, absolutely do not have patience for paper piecing that x12! I made three sets, four cards each. The card base is So Saffron, with a Hero Arts shadow stamp also stamped in So Saffron. I edged it with a doodle line for emphasis using a Micron pen and stamped the little thank you (Impress) underneath. The three dots on the apples are accented with Diamond stickles.


I have gotten more mileage out of that stamp... I love it. It's the perfect all purpose font, and just the right size for this kind of clean-and-simple card. The other picture shows all four cards in the set. I found a template on-line for a box made with one sheet of 12x12, so I made those with decorative paper band to go around them. In real life these are quite cute and came together really quickly. This afternoon I was working on another set, but that one has taken more time since I am designing a new card for each of the four (mostly because I haven't found a layout I love for the scraps and stamps I'm using).
So much for "auto post". I had this set to automatically post on Monday. Oh well. Maybe I have a special, lazier less attentive version of Blogger.
Thanks for stopping by! I've been having fun stamping from my scrap pile this week. I even made a garish orange card for my bizarre stash. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment