Monday 20 September 2010

Inkurable Stampers - September Challenge


Here's my card for the September challenge, "Shoes", over at Inkurable Stampers. I had a few ideas floating around in my head for this challenge, but when it came down to it, I needed some comfort-colouring time. I chose this stamp, a favourite from Sunshine Designs (through The Stamp Barn), and went with shades of brown except for the one green shoe. I briefly dallied with blue, but after I realized my mistake, I left it alone. Possibly will do another flower to hide it, but I have had to do that before and that little flower is a pain in the neck to cut out. I may live with the blue. I cunningly chose a piece of patterned paper with a bit of blue on it, which I see I have obscured with the flower. Sigh. What can I say? I told you I needed some tlc :-) Anyway, these shoes were stamped in gold, embossed with Bavarian Bronze, and coloured with Tombow markers. I also added a red crystal to the red flower. The sentiment is a rub-on. I wanted a stamp that said "one of a kind", but mine was too big and wrong shape. So handy-sized rub-on it was. The patterned paper is Stella Ruby (BasicGrey). I felt the bottom needed some balance, so I rootled around in the flower stash and found this one. It looked too flat, so I thought I would stamp it. Surely there would be a nice text-y stamp on my desk? No. All put away. (how odd!). I did find a slightly black speckled Tim Holtz border, and thought that might do. While it was getting buttoned and assembled it looked fine. After glued down, realized it looks like tire tracks. At least now I know that if I need tire tracks for a project, I can use that stamp!
Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. great card Karen - who couldn't think happy thoughts with so many shoes??!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore this card!! It's so cute!

    ReplyDelete