Thursday 2 September 2010

Trying something a little different



I've been a big fan of Godelieve Tijskens for a long time and really enjoy her blog, Stamping Mathilda. I wouldn't presume to stamp like her, but I would say this card is definitely inspired by her style. I don't think I'm there - what I like about hers is the open space and interesting colours. I think I've over worked this one. Still, I like the overall effect and it will be going in The Stash.

The sentiment is from Quietfire Designs, and I really love their calligraphy stamps. And it's a Canadian company! The flower is Darkroom Door. The dots are sequin waste - fun! The card base is River Rock, run through a Tim Holtz woodgrain folder and inked up with some frayed burlap and crushed olive. The focal panel is from a sheet of watercolour that I blobbed and spattered and swirled with Ecoline one rainy afternoon. I cut it to ATC size, stamped it with the flower in Aged Mahogany and Crushed Olive and then embossed the sentiment. Some nice gingham ribbon and a button, and I'm done! I have more of that Ecoline paper so I might have another go at something like this. I got the Ecoline from Quietfire Designs for my birthday last year, and sneaked in a few more colours this year. It's fun stuff and I have a great time playing "artist" and flinging paint around in my furnace room.


Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. I adore Godlieves style too, big fan,...and even though you can tell you've been inspired by her you've still given it your own twist. Beautifully made.Godlieve would be really pleased to see this I bet.

    ReplyDelete