Sunday 25 July 2010

Lavender and Lime Challenge


Inkurable Stampers has a monthly challenge, so I thought I would give it a whirl. The July challenge is to make a stamped project in lavender and lime, or any shades of green and purple. Here's my take on that lovely colour combination.

I used a focal image from the Art de Fleur set (Darkroom Door), stamped in Dusty Concord. I coloured it lightly with lime and olive pencil crayons then went over it with a stipple brush and Citrus and Crushed Olive ink (both Ranger). I lightly sponged some Milled Lavender (Ranger) over the flower too. The edges got a scuffing, then I mounted it on a purple mat, which had been stamped with a damask-type image (Tim Holtz, Stampers Anonymous), using Dusty Concord. I used that same image to stamp down the fold, using the second-generation inking. I wrapped some crochet cotton a few times around the panel, adding a lime button (BasicGrey). Some Milled Lavender Distress Stickles on the flower finished off the focal panel.

The card base is a lovely soft lime tsumugi paper, which I got at my LSS. (Any tsumugi fans in the area might want to head over to HSH - she has a new supply of tsumugi, and some new colours too.)

I thought this card might be nice with a decorative edge, so I used my Tim Holtz edge die to cut the opening, and put a light purple strip on the inside edge to show. I stamped it too, with another stamp from the Art de Fleur set, that says "embrace life". I stamped it repeatedly with Milled Lavender and then sponged the edges.

This card is 4.25x4.25, a "scrapling" from another card. It's fun to change the size of the card now and then. I find it hard to get away from my standard layout and I find that changing the shape of the card helps me do that.

Thanks for stopping by! If you want to make something Lavender and Lime, there are a few more days to enter the monthly challenge at Inkurable Stampers!

4 comments:

  1. so soft and enchanting!
    lovely card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card! I love the soft look and the great way you used the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Karen...love the vintage look you have created...

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete