Friday 23 July 2010

Happy ending on horizon

Hello! In my last post I bemoaned the demise of our computer, presuming that it had taken the secrets of my class instructions to its grave. Happily, I am married to an engineer who was able to procure quite quickly a replacement machine, and get it fired up. Through some alchemy quite beyond my comprehension, he performed a file transfusion and my class instructions emerged, as quickly as 1, 10, 11, my documents appeared, completely unscathed. I was even able to print them. It's handy having a live-in hero :-)


Speaking of heroes, this makes me think I should start up a fabulous blog, called Civil Servant Woman, and have pictures of my Nerdy Man with close ups of his pocket protector, but that would be no way to treat a hero. That and the bit about the pocket protector is total fiction. And he's not that nerdy (or at least only as nerdy as me). (And I know that should be "as nerdy as I", but I am trying to appear less nerdy here, and being a slave to good grammar is no way to shed the mantle of nerdiness, and yes, this is an uphill battle when I pepper my posts with little binary jokes. One of my favourite jokes is, "There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't." I have a feeling that the mantle is here to stay....) Anyway, if the first bit of this section is making no sense, then I urge to you to check out Pioneer Woman's blog, and admire the pictures of Marlborough Man, with the close ups of his chaps. It's a great read, and a wonderful blog, and I could never even aspire to such dizzying heights of blogitude. [Can you believe my spellchecker flagged "blogitude"????? Just goes to show you that you can't trust computers.]

Happy stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment