Sunday 18 April 2010

Sunny thank you


I wanted to send thank you notes to my friends who helped make dinner for the women's shelter yesterday. I have used this layout/technique before and it is so quick and easy, but very striking. It's what Julie HRR likes to call a 5MQ (five minute quickie, which always makes me laugh). I used a flower punch I got recently at my LSS. It has two pieces, one is a punch, the other is an embosser. So you punch your flower then put it in the the embosser and it gently curls the petals and gives them gentle ridges. Now you can have flowers in any colour, any time! I had a scrap of glossy alcohol-inked paper that was waiting to be used so that seemed just the ticket. I punched the whole piece and it gave me twelve little flowers, just enough for my four cards. A quick trip through my paper stash yielded just the right cardstock - Dandelion from Memory Box (duplex, so it's white inside). The stamp is from Impress Rubber Stamps, and it's stamped in Forest Moss (Distress Ink). The perfect finishing touch was some lemon yellow self-adhesive pearls (Kaiser) in the flower centres. In real life it is so soft and pretty, and the flowers have a slight silver sheen from the silver mixative and of course the glossy is reflective. The pearls have a lovely lustre and the lemon yellow cardstock (not at all dandelion yellow) is so sunny. I didn't have the patience to tinker with Paintshop Pro to get just the right yellow. I am still learning that software, so please bear with me.
No funny jokes tonight - I am under the weather with a cold. My voice is gone and I can't be more than arm's length from the tissues, so I am all out of spontaneous hilarity. I would recommend the show Dan for Mayor, if you want a laugh, featuring Fred Ewaniuk from Corner Gas (Hank). There have been some pretty funny moments. It's not Corner Gas funny, but it's still good. You have to like a show that has the Looneyspoon ladies for cameos. How funny is that!
Thanks for stopping by! Hope you get some stamping time in your little corner of the world. I'm off to actually write and send some cards! This is a sadly neglected aspect to my card-making endeavours.....

No comments:

Post a Comment