Sunday 18 April 2010



Doesn't this stamp just make you want to don a wide-brimmed hat and retreat to the hammock with an extremely girly drink? I needed a beverage-related thank you card, so this stamp seemed to fit the bill perfectly. I coloured it using my coloured pencils (Prismacolor, Derwent and Bruynzeel) and blended with odorless mineral spirits. It is heavily embellished with stickles as well. This card was begging for glitter! I stamped the butterfly wings so I could pop up the wings. I chose my colour scheme to coordinate with this fresh paper from BasicGrey (Euphoria, a state not unrelated to stamping/exotic bevvies!). The ribbon and circle punches are Stampin' Up, and the TY stamp is Sylvia Wu for Rubber Soul. I pinked the edges of one of the strips using edged scissors for a bit of an accent. I feel like I should have sewn on this too, oh well. The recipient will never know. I was able to add ribbon and forced myself to leave it on ;-) I am really bad for fiddling with ribbon endlessly, only to take it off in the end. The card base is an old one I had in my paper scraps, with some really ugly stamping on the front and edged in purple. Needless to say, it has been a bit neglected, since I seldom require a 5 1/4" square Cool Caribbean card edged in purple. However, this situation did call for it, so my tendency to hoard even the most unlikely paper scraps has been positively reinforced. (See also yesterday's post with the scrap-punched flowers!)


Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment