Thursday 21 January 2010

Prismacolor Pencils


Do you ever have a card that you just love! This is one I just love. The scanner couldn't quite pick it up, but the petals are so softely shaded. I just love looking at them. The paper was a perfect match too (Hot Off the Press Cardmaker kit). I've had that in my stash for a while and use it now and then - it's wonderful shades of blue and purple and pink.
This stamp (Penny Black - Gossamer) is a recent acquisition and I thought I would try it with Prismacolor pencils. I have tried them now and then and not really spent a lot of time experimenting. I watched some you-tubes on them and got some tips and tried them out. I have odorless mineral spirits and a stump to blend them out. I didn't find that the blending with pencils alone worked for me, but I have the Scholar variety of pencil and I don't believe they are as soft as the more professional pencils. The centres of the flowers have some stickles for a bit of sparkle on the card. The sentiment is a Stampin' Up rub on from the Chit Chat pack, punched out with a Stampin' Up punch. I edged with a bit of warm violet chalk ink (Colorbox). The flowers were stamped in India Ink (Memories) on whisper white. I didn't have any trouble with smudging, etc. and it is a very true black, great for the detail lines here. I used coordinating ribbon (also HOTP) and some lavender eyelets. The card is 5 1/4 by 5 1/4. I'll be needing a farewell card at work soon, and I sort of had this in mind for that purpose. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment