Thursday 21 January 2010


My brother is a Guitar Hero junkie. My brother had a birthday recently. And my brother is the victim of this semi-literate card.
I used alcohol inks on glossy card and blew them around with a can of compressed air. It's a somewhat satisfactory technique, but your hands get cold pretty quickly. It also makes you wish you had more colours of alcohol ink even though you have a lot of colours already....
The rocker (Stampin' Up) is stamped in black Archival ink (Ranger) and embossed in black. I mounted the main panel on black and added a few extra things, like a chipboard circle, painted white and stamped with the same dragonfly (Inkadinkado) as on the white card. I used red versamagic ink for that. I dithered for a while about what sentiment to use, and wished in vain for a grunge alphabet set. Then I recalled my snazzy dymo label maker and whipped off this semi-literate little number. (That little space between u and r is what turns this from Sumerian anachronism to hipster-cool.) The blue paper is textured Pacific Point (SU), torn on the bottom. I notched the "hero" sticker like a pennant and added some denim dimensional pearls. I love how this turned out! I don't normally stamp in the psychedelic grunge style, but this isn't bad for a first attempt!

No comments:

Post a Comment