Saturday 2 January 2010

Fourth Tag of Christmas



Here's my fourth tag, inspired by this one by Tim Holtz. I didn't have all the hardware and bits and bobs for this one, but what struck me from his was the little window vignette, so I went with that. I did a similar collage background (Stampers Anonymous), coloured in the same technique, but different stamps and colours. I chose the Santa face (Stampers Anonymous) for the window, and created a frame using a SU chipboard frame, painted with Espresso dabbers, then a bit of Snow Cap and lastly some SU shimmer paint to give it some shimmer. There are microbeads inside the window for some interest. Also it was high time for my cards to have an auditory element other than some colourful expressions when I smudge/fudge something or cut myself. This one actually looks better in the picture than in real life. Whooda thunkit!


The holly sprig (Sunshine Designs) is stamped on the back of botched Tag 2 and coloured with the sponge applicator in shades of yellow and green and red on the berry, accented with distress stickles in Fired Brick and Peeled Paint. There is also a bit of accent stamping on the edge, behind the gold rick rack in Aged Mahogany. I think it's more holly sprig, but I can't quite make it out.


Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment