Saturday 2 January 2010

Fifth Tag of Christmas


Here's my fifth tag, based on this one by Tim Holtz. I picked up some fragments and silver tape to make these ornaments because they looked so cool and I thought I would enjoy doing these on lots of cards. It was a lot of fun!

I love the colour scheme of the gold and bluey green. I will be using that again! I followed Tim's design in creating the background using distress inks and the blending tool, and the same for the ornaments. I also added a flourish (Stamp-It), stamped in Snow Cap paint to resist the ink. The bough is from SU's Peaceful Wishes set, stamped with pigment ink (browny copper for the branch and metallic dark green for the needles) and clear embossed. I see now that Tim added some fun stuff at the bottom and a rub-on, so I may doctor this up a bit, or not. I like it as it is and don't want to overdo it. I used SU silver cord instead of wire for the hangers. The background stamp overall is a lovely background stamp by Heather's Stamping Haven, and the image is an old-time letter from the times when they would write twice on the page, the second time perpendicular to the first, to make the most of the paper. I stamped that in Broken China. BTW, has anyone seen my Weathered Wood ink pad? It's on the missing list and I have done an extremely substantial clean-up of my stamping area.


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment