Sunday 13 October 2013

October Stamping Challenge #6



Hello!  Another quick and easy stamping challenge for today.  I had a piece of Dylusion-ed paper on hand, so I stamped it with this new stamp (Magenta) and embossed it with black embossing powder. I highlighted the flower with a juicy light greenish yellow Tombow marker and some of the leaves with a green one.  I matted it on black, then on an ATC sized green. I decided I didn't want to make an ATC, so I grabbed the other half of the sheet of card stock from last week and made a base.  I stamped a gorgeous background stamp (JustRite) in Prussian Blue Colorbox Fluid Chalk on the base, masking off the lower portion.  I really like the subtle velvety effect of the chalk ink for a background.  It really does add a special touch.  The accent strip is a charcoal metallic scrap off the pile.  The finishing touches were a rub on (Stampin' Up) - why I have so much trouble getting them straight???  - some lettuce liquid pearls, and lime green stickles on the flowers' centres.

It's Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada.  I have so much to be thankful for.  I try to be intentionally grateful every day for all the blessings in my life, and especially so at Thanksgiving.  This season is so beautiful here - with glorious colours and glorious weather.  We had a wonderful feast last night with family.  Right at the moment I'm thankful for a couple of hours to myself to stamp and sew.  My elder daughter and I got up early to go to the 8 o'clock church service, and I have come home and the rest of the family is off to the 10 o'clock service.

I hope you get some time to stamp this weekend too!  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment