Thursday 24 October 2013

October Stamping Challenge #14

Hello!  Does this layout look familiar!  Hahahaha.  It's my last medallion from my ready-made stack.  I should mention that these medallions are from Holly Berry House.  They are a single stamp, which I stamp on many different pieces of cardstock and emboss with the same embossing powder (in this case it's gold).  I choose my cardstock to be a mix of light, medium and dark tones, as well as a mix of shimmer and regular, and maybe some linen in there too.  I like the effect here of a tight colour palette (shades of brown and gold) but a mix of textures (matte, linen and shimmer).

Then I cut out different parts of the image, being careful to cut just beside the embossing line.  Then, I layer them back together again.  I like to keep a "big" piece for the back.  It's also fun to apply Art Institute Glitter to the various design elements of the image.  This is easiest to do before they are assembled because the glue takes a while to dry.  I get a bunch of them on the go at once and then I get my glitter out and do it assembly-line style.  I also embellish them with stickles and liquid pearls too.  This particular one is mounted to a piece of textured cardstock (Sahara Sand).

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment