Wednesday, 9 October 2013
October Stamping Challenge #3
Edited to add: hubby showed me how to fix the file size issue. This one has come out much better! I can stop blaming Sauron the Scanner now that I know it was a box that was selected three layers deep in the Save dialogue box. Silly me for not finding that!
I used a die cut for the ginger jar, and stamped it in gray flannel Memento ink using a pretty little floral stamp (newly inked) from Impression Obsession. I coloured it with Copic markers and added some shading with Stormy Sky distress ink around the edges. Then I gave it a good coating of Distress Crackle Paint in Rock Candy and set aside to dry. When it was dry, I sponged on more Stormy Sky into the cracks. The background pieces are all scraps. The background panel is stamped in Hero Arts Shadow Ink (Soft Olive) using a Local King rubber stamp. The card base is a lovely dusty green textured cardstock. I accented the card with a couple of dots of Viva Decor dimensional paint. This morning I realized the jar needed gold trim so I added it, using the outside of the die cut paper as a mortise mask so I didn't get any on the card itself. The card is 4 1/4" square. This challenge did take a little longer than 15 minutes, but only because of paint drying time and I am also not counting the time it took to colour the first ginger jar which I stamped upside down.
Thanks for stopping by!