Hello! We're back from a wonderful vacation on Manitoulin Island. We had glorious weather and a wonderful time. It was the perfect cottage - rustic and cosy, complete with a little girl there to play with ours.
Some highlights and other notables:
- sandhill cranes - lots. Could hear them burbling in the field behind the cottage
- swimming, swimming and more swimming. The girls are much more confident this year so everyone had fun in the water
- beautiful church services in Mindemoya, including choral Evensong
- Mum's bakery (homemade bread every day and apple fritters "as big as your head")
- peanut butter (close family has allergies so no peanuts in our house)
- re-enjoyed Seasons 1 and 2 of Flight of the Conchords - it never gets old. Always funny.
- trip to Emergency and gruelling 15 minute wait for dishy Dr Burke. Was tonsillitis for the youngster and got her some antibiotics
- tubing with our friends - wheeee!!!!
- more swimming
- Providence Bay
- Tombow colouring and stamping while VDH took kiddies to Pioneer Museum
- Finally joined the Western world and read the first 3 Twilight books (didn't want to spring for hard back, will mooch fourth book if I can find it)
- Discovered new mystery author - Alys Clare - great medieval whodunit
- Did great butterfly puzzle (1000 pieces) made of of hundreds of tiny pictures (remember the rage about 6-7 years ago?)
Well, off to enjoy a nice cold one after our long drive home and catch up on some taped tv. Will it be Mad Men or True Blood???
I'll be back to post something stampy. I came home to a lovely envie from Australia containing the old truck stamp I won from Dark Room Door. Also enormous parcel from Stamping Bella with some grab bag goodies and Adirondack spray washes. Can't wait to try those out!