Sunday 29 August 2010

Scrap Stash Sunday 3


Here's my card for Scrap Stash Sunday. I'd made the panel for another project, but didn't use it for anything. It's a Hero Arts stamp that I got at Heather's Stamping Haven, stamped in Pearl white ink (Adirondack paint dabber). I sponged over pale shades of Distress ink, then added some script (Tim Holtz, Stampers Anonymous) stamped in a light shade. I matted it on some textured cardstock that's a shade lighter than the card base. For the base, I stamped a floral silhouette (Cornish Heritage Farms) in white ink down the side. The sentiment (also Cornish Heritage Farms) is stamped in dark green with a bit of sponging. I see that the pearls are slightly askew, which is starting to seem like my signature style. Some people have fantastic silk ribbon bows or dazzlingly blended Copic colouring as their signature style. I have crooked embellishments and smudges. Oh well, at least people can look at my blog and think, "I can do that!"


NSR: The good news - my family is back home. The bad news - my three-day stamping binge is over. Yes, DH took the girls camping for a few days this week. He had the week off and the weather was good so they packed up and headed off to Bon Echo park for a camping trip. They had a great time by all accounts. One evening at the amphitheatre, there was a presentation on lumberjacks and they showed The Log Driver's Waltz, a National Film Board short that I fondly remember from my childhood, when they played it on CBC a lot. Now it's available on-line and if you want to spend a very pleasant six minutes, follow this link. One of the things DH did to help get the girls on-board about their adventure was to involve them in menu planning. I have scanned in DD1's menu list. (DH also added things like fruit and vegetables to the grocery list!) Though I missed my family (if not the din and clatter), I had a wonderful time too, stamping my little heart out and watching murder mysteries on TV. My menu was mushrooms, mushrooms and more mushrooms, since 100% of the people who like mushrooms in my house didn't go camping.
Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Really nice card. I love all the layers of detail you use. I think I could recognize a card of yours from a ways off but not because of the smudges. I can't define it but there's a oneness about your cards that is very satisfying. - Nimmy

    ReplyDelete