Tuesday 1 July 2008

Happy birthday Annie


Happy birthday Canada! And happy birthday Annie! I needed a (very) belated birthday card for my niece. I wanted to use my new PTI lavender moon paper and matching ribbon, so I went with a personalized card.
I stamped the letters with Jumbo alphabet and used a Sunshine Designs candle for the "i". All were coloured with Tombow markers and accented with stickles. The balloon background is also Sunshine Designs, from the same cube. The tab is from Totally Tabs and the sentiment is from Amazing to Zany. (Get it soon - it's retiring! It's one of my go-to sets for sure.) The turquoise mat is shimmery thanks to a spritzing of glimmer mist (I am really enjoying using that stuff and I may need to expand my colour choices).
Thanks for looking!
Supplies: Stamps: Jumbo Alphabet, Totally Tabs, Amazing to Zany (SU), birthday cube - Sunshine Designs; Ink: Palette black noir, Palette lavender moon, SU taken with teal; Paper: watercolour, tempting turquoise, PTI lavender moon; Other: Tombow markers, stickles, round tab punch, turquoise glimmer mist.

3 comments:

  1. What a cute card! By accident I clicked on the card image in my email, instead of the blog link, and a huge version of the image appeared. I could see the glimmer and shine, the stickles and bg, the painting and details, so much better! Lovely job, lucky niece :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. VEry cute. I love how you used the candle! Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should really do that, use that alphabet on a card! I'm trying to think of a friend that has a short-enough name to fit on a standard card...

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete