Sunday 13 July 2008

3x3 Notecards and Box


Here's what we're making at my next class at Heather's Stamping Haven. If you're interested, it's on Saturday from 10-1. We'll be making this origami box, and jazzing it up with Lumiere paint and fancy foam that you can mold into any texture. There are 4 notecards (3x3), all made with just two stamp cubes (the cute bug one and the sentiment one, both Sunshine Designs). I've coordinated the box by using the same Lumiere paint on the card and bringing it all together with the colour scheme. Have I whetted your appetite? If you'd like to join us, I'd love to see you there.
The exciting conclusion to the preceding post....
Last time I asked you which card you preferred. You unanimously chose the mobile one and I wound up going with the one that no one chose. Now this wasn't at all a display of blatant disregard for your opinion, it's just that I didn't have time to check my blog before I left for work and I needed to take the card with me that very day. Also, I decided that the one you chose wasn't too babyish for a first birthday card, which I also needed to send out asap. The pram was certainly too babyish. So although I agreed with you all that the mobile was nicer (and nicer even in person), the pram one got chosen. Thanks for reading this far - I realize that as exciting sequels go, this rivals Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones, but there you go. At least you don't have to pay to read my blog ;-)
In other news, one of the reasons I haven't had time to post a lot lately, aside from being back to work full-time, is that we are moving. I know there are other bloggers out there who take this sort of thing in stride, but I am not one of them. I stamp when I can, and post when I can. Thanks for sticking with me :-) I'm hoping that I'll be able to post more when we're in the new place and the dust has settled a bit. (That's a turn of phrase, not a comment on my housekeeping, which due to the constant state of readiness for viewings, has had to rise a few notches.) We are downsizing and moving closer to work in an effort to reduce our footprint. Anyone need some junk from our basement???

2 comments:

  1. Oh, this is such a cute set!!! Love the images and how they all color-match!

    Cindy :)

    ReplyDelete