Monday 21 July 2008

Groovy monochrome


Here's one of the projects from my stamp club. I thought I'd show them how to colour with an aquapainter and a re-inker. After a few elaborate card samples that I rejected as being too time-consuming, I came up with this design. I always like monochromatic cards, but I seldom think of making them. This didn't start out as being a monochromatic card, but a way to make a dent in my pile of groovy guava paper, which is about to retire. I also wanted to use up my hodgepodge hardware, and groovy guava ribbon. (Use-up cards are waaaayyyy more fun to make than Use-up Casserole, and waaaaayyy easier to impress the children with. DD1 really liked this card.)


Thanks for stopping by!


All supplies Stampin' Up: Stamps: Pick a Petal; Ink: stazon; Paper: shimmery white, bravo burgundy, groovy guava designer series prints, ginger blossom designer series prints, groovy guava; Other: aged copper hodgepodge hardware, groovy guava double-stitched ribbon, groovy guava reinker, aquapainter, 3/4" circle punch.

1 comment: