Friday 27 June 2008

Happy birdie to you


My daughter is going to another birthday party tomorrow (fourth one this month!) so I needed a card for the birthday girl. I hadn't inked up my new stamps from Stamping Bella so I went for those first. I had gotten the sentiment "happy birdie to you" to go with the owl I bought, but the owl didn't seem quite right for what I had in mind so I went for the Sunshine Designs bird instead. I coloured it to match the colour scheme for my card, which was drawn from coordinating papers from BasicGrey's LilyKate collection.


The layout inspiration came from this week's sketch challenge on splitcoast, but I didn't follow the sketch to the letter. Instead I used my 3/4" square punch and some scraps from four different patterns in the pack. I glued them down with Tombow liquid glue (great for this job because you get a lot of drying time to wiggle them around and get them spaced right). The bird is stamped in palette black noir and coloured with Tombow and Stampin' Up markers and blended with a paintbrush. I've accented with some stickles and glitter pen on the words. I tried various configurations for the sentiment, but settled on this one.

I have more Stamping Bella stamps to try and I can't wait to get to those. As much as I like the Bellas, I just find that they're not the kind of images I need for the cards I like to give. When I discovered that Stamping Bella has a whole bunch of other types of images, I put in a very nice order, and I only made a dent in my wish list. Can't wait to play with those!

Thanks for stopping by!
ETA: Turns out this week's Ways to use it challenge on splitcoast is to use birds! How serendipitous :D

Supplies: Bird - Sunshine Designs, sentiment - Stamping Bella; Ink: Palette black noir, close to cocoa; Paper: watercolour, LilyKate - BasicGrey, Lemon Tart - Papertrey Ink, close to cocoa and bashful blue - Stampin' Up; Other: Tombow and Stampin' Up markers, stickles (waterfall and lime green), Sakura glitter pen.



1 comment:

  1. Lovely way to use scraps! Those papers have lovely colours :)

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete