Thursday 17 July 2008

Where are the buttons?


This is why I don't plan my cards. I have a bag full of buttons from my LSS that I wanted to use. (She had a bucket on the counter, $2 a scoop and I was in there with my DD and we went to twon with two whole scoops). All three Daley girls have been having fun playing with these buttons so I thought it was time to put them on paper. I had in mind some sort of flower card, with button centres. I got out my PTI flowers, which have such nice button-ready centres. But when the card was done, it really felt done without the buttons. I think the buttons would have been too much. This was my first time stamping (other than just looking at the colours) with my new Memento Inks. They work beautifully with these clear stamps. I'm very pleased. The only "embellishment" is two scored lines along the top and bottom of the card. I made a matching envelope. The card is 6 x 3 /4" and fits in SU's small open-ended envelope. I really like this size of card. It's a great shape to work with.

I think the Daley girls (jr., and sr., truth be told) will be happy that their stock is undepleted!

Thanks for stopping by.

Supplies: Stamps: Beautiful Blooms and Text Boxed (Papertrey Ink); Ink: Memento: Tangelo, Angel Pink, Lilac Posies, Rose Bud, Bamboo Leaves, New Sprout, Dandelion, Canteloupe. Other: Scor-It.

No comments:

Post a Comment