Thursday 19 May 2011

Floral Wedding Card - YES!



Blogger's out of its bad mood and let me upload the card today. Thanks for the tips. I don't know what was wrong, maybe just general flakiness. I would click on "Browse" to access the file directory and it would just blink at me, with a dull-witted, vacant look. Now it's working again, see Exhibit A (at left).


A colleague at work asked for a wedding card, in the couple's wedding colours (baby blue and purple). I mulled it over, custom cards are always a little anxiety-inducing as they need to be "just right", without any definition as to what "just right" actually is. I started with some white linen paper and stamped various botanical silhouettes on it (Darkroom Door, Cornish Heritage Farms) in shades of blue (Palette) and purple (Nick Bantock, Damson Plum). I tried all sorts of ghastly things, embossing, paint, this and that. Eventually decided that less is more (yes, you heard me say that) and went with plain ink. I did trace over the word (Stampin' Up) with glitter pen and dot the purple flowers with stardust stickles. I matted it on some purple metallic cardstock, and then that went on a light blue card base. I remembered to add some ribbon before it was stuck down. I was hoping to use my prestamped blue card base that's in my scrapbox, but it really didn't work on this one. The stamping on the card base took away from the clean lines I felt. I did a matching inside and envelope and called 'er done!


NSR: Thank you for the well wishes about the birthday party. It went really well and the kiddies had a great time. We played games and sang songs and generally had a good old-fashioned birthday party. I'll see if there are any good pictures on the camera and try to post them.

6 comments:

  1. Stunning card Karen...love it!
    Yes, sometimes less is more...
    Glad the party went well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PERFECT! You've capture a soft romantic feel. Stunning.

    I gave up years ago making cards to order. They are way to difficult a challenge.

    Glad the party went well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure that this was "just right" it's absolutely gorgeous! very dreamy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi again Karen...

    I can't see your email addy...will you send me your details when you get a moment please and we can do a swap (my addy is on my blog xx)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the simplicity of the colours.

    ReplyDelete