Saturday 19 June 2010

Tilda with Ladybug and a Surprise


Here's a project I'll be teaching soon at Heather's Stamping Haven. It's called "Ladybugs Popping Up Everywhere" and it will run July 24th from 2-4. Call Heather if you're interested in signing up. (I can't link directly here as I'm still on the books with Stampin' Up.)
I had so much fun designing this one. It's quite a ways out of my comfort zone. It's cute, uses bright colours, Magnolias, lines and ledgers. Not the smudged or distress element to be found (well, not too smudgy anyway!). It was fun coming up with the little extras for this one. I can't give away the details as this a class project, but I will credit the stamps: Tilda with Ladybug (Magnolia), Ledger stamp and dot trail (Hero Arts), Sentiments (Heather's Stamping Haven), grass and ladybug on branch (Sunshine Designs, The Stamp Barn). I'll also be doing another Magnolia card in September. Good times!
Now for the surprise! It's a pop-up card with a ladybug inside. The wings even move! (That was a trick I learned from one of Krista Schneider's classes, and I thought it was so fantastic that I use it every time I make a project with this image.)
Hope you can join me for the class!
PS Apologies to all purist Magnolia stampers out there - I am one of those people that needs a face on kids. So, if you are a purist, picture Tilda in her natural, noseless, mouthless, lashless, creaseless form.

No comments:

Post a Comment