Saturday 5 June 2010

Serene Card


Here's a card I made quite a while ago, while the computer wasn't working so I couldn't post it. The image is Wasabi Ketto (Stamping Bella) and I coloured it with artist pencil crayons and blended with odourless mineral spirits. I accented the sash and hair pins with a black glaze pen, and added some stickles to her hair ornaments. The flower is one from my stash, and I think I stamped it at some point. Since the computer was broken, I had time to make "faux thread" for the buttons with thin, thin pieces of cardstock. The big button has a knot of silver cord. There is some velvet ribbon (Stampin' Up) for accent too. The patterned paper is Kioshi (BasicGrey).
This card is more embellished than I usually make, but I like it. It would be bulky for mailing, but I usually slip in a piece of bubble wrap and hope for the best when mailing cards like these.
Speaking of mailing, I've been reading up on mail art and it sounds very interesting. I also got a mail art stamp set from Dark Room Door with lots of neat mailing images. This evening I'm cleaning off my stamp desk (had to post this card before I put it away, so technically this post is part of my cleaning up!), but when I'm done, I think I will do up a mail art project and send it off somewhere.
We had a gorgeous day here - biked over to soccer practice as a family and I also went for another bike ride this afternoon. I explored some trails in the woods in a nearby park - fun! Hope you had a good day too.
Happy stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment