Saturday 20 March 2010

Evening with Shelli


A local Stampin' Up demonstrator, Kim Assaly, recently won a Workshop of a Lifetime with Shelli Gardner, co-founder and CEO of Stampin' Up. You can get the full details about that on Kim's blog. As part of her prize, Kim was kind enough to host a demonstrator evening with Shelli. There are more details and pictures on Kim's and Shelli's blogs.

I went to this event out in Hawkesbury, and had a such a great time. I even got to meet Shelli and get my picture taken with her and her daughter, Sara. Shelli is so warm and sincere and it was a real pleasure to hear her speak that evening. Very inspiring! Poor Shelli and Sara had their luggage go astray, so that's why they were wearing hats. How they managed to look so put-together and stylish anyway, I will never know! It was a great evening and I got some great swaps and make-and-takes. It was a wonderful time, and a great way to close the circle on my demonstratorship. I will be letting that lapse in order to make more time for what's most important to me - my family. I will still be stamping, and teaching at Heather's, and I really want to keep up with all the wonderful people I've met through Stampin' Up. This is definitely bittersweet for me. [edited to add: I will have to leave the demonstrator disclaimers on my sidebar until my demonstrator ship lapses, which will be July 1st. I just won't be doing classes or sales events anymore, but will likely keep enjoying the discount while I still can! :-) ]

I will take this opportunity to thank each and every one of my customers and friends who have supported me along the way and made this a truly wonderful and rewarding experience, one that I will always treasure. Thank you!

Before I get too maudlin, I will share my swap card that I made for that night. It's Stampin' Up only, using the I {heart} Hearts set and Stemp Sayings, and the colour scheme is Soft Suede and Bermuda Bay. The popped-up glitter heart is a mixture of the turquoise and aqua glitters, on double-sided tape punched out with the Small Heart Punch. I also used the current Sale-a-bration punch (Scallop Trim Border) for the accent. The saying is stamped in Soft Suede, with Taken with Teal for the word "heart". Very quick and easy to put together, but still quite nice, if I may say so. I like the colour scheme - makes it not feel so Valentine-y.
Thanks for stopping by! If you are one of my customers and looking for a new demo, I can recommend some fantastic ladies in the Ottawa area, otherwise I'd suggest looking on the Demonstrator Locater on http://www.stampinup.com/ and you will get a list of local demos in your area.

Happy stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment