Sunday 26 October 2008

Christmas card stamp camp


Here's what's been keeping me busy for the last little while - I've had Christmas card stamp camps the last two weekends. Good times!
The ladies made 3 of each design, and we had lots of other treats on the go as well. For door prizes I gave away some ornaments from the Holiday Mini ornament kit, and little packages of gift tags that I made. I'll make some more and post them - I need to make some stuff for the Christams bazaar at church, and I think the gift tags would be good projects for that.
The Noel card was inspired by this card on splitcoast by akbride. Supplies: Stamps: Big on Christmas; Ink: Basic Black; Paper: Whisper White, Real Red, Old Olive; Other: markers in Brocade Blue, Real Red, Old Olive, ornament cuttlebug folder, red glitter pen (swirl accent).


The tree card was inspired by this card on splitcoast by jcslegs. I changed up some of the colours to suit my design and I didn't want to use heat embossing for my second camp as there were a lot of novice stampers, and I didn't want to overwhelm them with techniques, even though heat embossing is easy. It's just another step to remember. I like it like this one. The Naturals White adds a nice rustic feel to the card. The card shown uses Ski Slope dsp, but two of the three cards featured Kiwi Kiss dsp instead.

Supplies: Stamps: Snow Swirled; Ink: Brocade Blue; Paper: Naturals White, Ski
Slope/Kiwi Kiss designer paper, Real Red, Brocade Blue; Other: square rhinestone brads (ice), Top Notes die, red gingham ribbon.




This card was a bit different, more of a vintage feel. Although this card looks great coloured in, I felt that would be too time-consuming so I showcased how good the line art can look just stamped in one colour, with a hint of watercolour wonder crayons added here and there for accent.


Supplies: Stamps: Home for Christmas; Ink: Always Artichoke; Paper: Very Vanilla, Bravo Burgundy, Always Artichoke; Other: burgundy grosgrain ribbon, burgundy watercolour wonder crayon, aquapainter




This card was my favourite - I think I saw one like it somewhere, but I couldn't find it again to give the credit. If it's yours, let me know and I'll post a link to your original. That being said, there are lot of cards out there with variations on this theme.


For this card, we stamped an all-over pattern using the snowflakes from Snow Swirled (isn't this such a versatile set!) and then added some designer paper and a felt snowflake. The ladies got one snowflake in each colour and I did two red cards and one blue card for this design. It doesn't show in the scan, but the snowflakes have a lovely sparkle - I brushed on some Crystal Effects and sprinkled on Dazzling Diamonds glitter. I can't tell you how pretty that was. I am going to do that to all my snowflakes!


Supplies: Stamps: Snow Swirled, Heard from the Heart; Ink : Chocolate Chip, Riding Hood Red, Baja Breeze; Paper: Whisper White, Real Red, Chocolate Chip, Ski Slope designer paper; Other: small Felt Flurries, crystal effects, dazzling diamonds, scalloped edge punch.


Thanks for looking! And to the ladies that came to my Christmas card camps - a great big thank you! I had a lot of fun!!!
























No comments:

Post a Comment