Friday 2 May 2008

Yo yo yellow!



Wow! I used Yo yo Yellow! This is one colour that I very, very seldom use. I tend not to reach for the bold brights at all (but a new stamping friend is helping me get over that!), but this card is for a dear little boy who is turning 2.



I used my all-time favourite little-boy stamp set - Little Trucks. I stamped it in Stazon on some nice Fabriano watercolour paper in my scrapbox and coloured it with Tombow markers, blending with a wet paintbrush. I accented the eyes with crystal effects and added a few yellow stickles here and there. The image is matted on basic gray (I thought black would be too harsh) and pumpkin pie. The little row of barricades is also stamped in pumpkin pie and the sentiment is basic gray too. This card turned out to be a bit of a retired-stamp-special, but I have a few sets that are old favourites.



Thanks for looking!

P.S. Sorry not to have posted much lately. A couple of weekends ago I was on a scrapbooking retreat, which kind of used up a lot of my creativity all in one go. Then last weekend we went on a little family get-away. I haven't had a lot of time for stamping lately and my cache of emergency blog fodder still hasn't been stamped.

All Supplies Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted: Stamps: Little Trucks, Favorite Teddy Bear; Paper: Fabriano watercolor, basic gray, pumpkin pie, yo yo yellow; Ink: Black stazon, pumpkin pie, basic gray; Other: yellow stickles (Ranger), crystal effects, Tombow markers.

3 comments:

  1. Good to see you back.....this little tractor is adorable!!! Such a happy little worker. Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT A GREAT LITTLE BOY'S CARD OR EVEN A BIG BOY ONE! DON'T CARE FOR YELLOW, BUT THIS IS SO PERFECT TO WHAT WE SEE ALL THE TIME. GREAT CARD!

    ReplyDelete