Thursday 8 May 2008

Baptism card


My friend's baby daughter will be baptized on Sunday so I wanted to make her a special card for the occasion. I cracked open my new Papertrey Ink set called Everyday Blessings as well as another new (to me) Easter polymer set. I had a bit of free time this afternoon (well, not really, but I took it anyway) so I let myself play with my inks and stamps. This card is the last of several iterations and my recycle bin is looking fairly colourful at the moment :-)

I did the background with my stylus, foam tips and chalk inks, and just stamped the small filigree circle image here and there in a couple of shades. The cross is stamped in Blue Iris on some orchid lava paper (from Heather's Stamping Haven) and cut out. I mounted it on a panel of soft sky on which I stamped The Lord's Prayer from my Easter set. It's a bit cobbled because the original cruciform stamp was smaller than my panel, but I just wanted the effect anyway. "Blessings" is also from the Easter set and I only inked that portion of the "Easter Blessings" stamp (sneaky!).

And, yes, I know the brads are off centre, but this was the fourth time I dismantled the card front and I wasn't going to do it again. The ribbon was tinted with Lime Pastel ink to match and heat set with my iron. The card itself is one of my Memory Box duplex sheets that my aunt brought me from Seattle. Now I only have half a sheet left (sniff, sniff). I'm not sure what colour it is, possibly chartreuse or similar.

Thanks for looking!

Supplies: Stamps: Everyday Blessings - Papertrey Ink, Easter Sentiments - My Sentiments Exactly; Paper: soft sky, blue bayou, orchid lava paper, chartreuse Memory Box duplex cardstock; Ink: chalk ink (Colorbox and Versamagic in shades too numerous to remember but lime pastel, spring pansy, Aegean blue, warm violet, ice blue, and blue iris come to mind); Other: sheer ribbon, square brads, colorbox stylus and foam tips.


No comments:

Post a Comment