Wednesday 25 July 2012

Faux Batik butterflies

Hi!  Here's a card we'll be making at Heather's Stamping Haven in August for her anniversary celebration make and takes.  I'll be running this class on August 25th, but it may run during the week as well.  Keep an eye on Heather's calendar for the schedule.  The stamp I used is a butterfly image from Impression Obsession (copyright Hannah Davies/Impression Obsession Inc) and I did a number of these in different colours over the past few days.  It was fun!  I like how this looks like faux batik.  So colourful!  The colours in the top card are: spiced marmalade, seedless preserves, salty ocean, peacock feathers (card base More Mustard).  The middle card: mowed grass, shaded lilac, salty ocean (card base Cool Caribbean).  The bottom card: peacock feathers, mustard seed, spiced marmalade, ripe persimmon (card base Bermuda Bay).    Thanks for stopping by!




4 comments:

  1. These are beautiful, Karen, with a fab mix of colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome colouring on yr cards

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the color...it fresh and amazing!
    www.blossombatik.com
    www.blossombatik.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Somehow I missed these before I went out-of-twon.....so glad that I see them now! All beauties - such vibrant colors and the designs have such movement. Glorious!!!

    ReplyDelete