Sunday 25 March 2012

Floral card

Hello!  Can't believe it's been more than a month since my last post.  It's because of a few things like I haven't been stamping as much since I've rediscovered the joys of knitting (currently doing a scarf from some gorgeous Noro Furin).  Also, I have been teaching two classes per month in March and April, and coming up with twice as many samples takes a bit of time.  And work has been quite demanding, so in the evenings I tend to just collapse.  So that's why you haven't seen too many posts from me. 

Here are some cards I did, inspired by a sample Heather made at Heather's Stamping Haven.  She had embossed the floral background (Hero Arts) in white and coloured with Distress Inks. That's what I did here too, swiping my inks on a craft sheet and lifting the colours with a wet paintbrush.  The birthday sentiment is from Impress Rubber Stamps.  The image is mounted on a piece of citron cardstock and the card base is white shimmer.  This kind of makes me think of a china pattern or something.  I did a whole bunch of these in different colourways, and mostly thank yous and happy birthdays.  Once I came up with the layout I liked, it was easy.  Now I wish I'd matted the sentiment panel, but it's too late now!  I tried adding some stitching with a white pen, but it doesn't look great.  I think I will just live with them like they are. 

Hope all is well with you where ever you are!  Happy stamping :-)

3 comments:

  1. Lovely. Yes, a china pattern or chintz sheets or curtains. I have yet to try watercolouring with Distress Inks but now I am inspired! Good for you on the knitting. I never mastered the gage thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Karen this is so beautiful! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have missed you, but I know how life goes...so glad you are knitting and hope you share that here, too. This card is stunning! I love this technique, even if it is a bit messy. Great colors and love the contrast with the olive color backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete