Thursday 16 June 2011

Faux Japanese paper



Hello! My mojo is back! And almost in the nick of time. I needed to have my July samples done yesterday, and Heather won't get them till tomorrow, but better late than never I hope. I'm really pleased with how this one came out. There were lots and lots of trials, but I finally figured out what worked. I love it! That big stamp is amazing.


I won't give too many details on this one, other than to say that's a gorgeous new stamp in the Jumbo line by Stampendous (the Dahlia set), with a sentiment by Sunshine Designs (Frog's Whiskers Ink) and background stamp (Fluff by Impression Obsession). If you want to know how to make this, give Heather a call and sign up for the class on July 16th. My class is at 10 a.m. I'll also be doing faux batik featuring mulberry paper. That will be a trip down memory lane - it was the first class I ever taught at Heather's! I've re-vamped that sample though to showcase the new stamps from the summer line and a great bamboo stamp from Hero Arts. Also, the faux batik class will give a brief introduction to watercolouring with Tombow markers if you are interested in trying that out. While I'm shamelessly plugging my classes, I have another one running tomorrow morning, with a couple of masculine cards suitable for Father's Day.


Thanks for dropping by! It's Friday tomorrow! Yay! Fun Friday is always a hit at our house. Its DD2's turn to choose the movie, so probably Tangled would be a safe bet. It was DD2's concert at Kindergarten this afternoon - so cute! I loved it. Her teacher is amazing. It was also a good opportunity to connect with some of the parents and talk about summer playdates. I'd like her to be able to keep in touch with these new friends over the summer.


Well, it's one minute to midnight so I'm going to sign off and thank you for your patience during my dry spell. Looks like you were right, Nimmy, my mojo came back with a bang! Thanks, all, for the encouragement :-)

3 comments:

  1. Wahoo!!! It's back fresher and stronger than ever. The card is fantastic. Amazingly wonderful. I wish I didn't have to work Saturday mornings. I'd be up there in a heartbeat for your class. Nims

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see your mojo is back from vacation....in a big way!
    The flower is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete