Monday 25 April 2011

Square challenge



Here's my card for the April challenge at Crafty Individuals, which is to use squares. I found an interesting scrap of paper, but I don't remember how I coloured it. It might well have been distress inks on a craft sheet, spritzed with water, then I used my 130 lb cardstock to soak up the colour. I stamped the squares from one of the tiled bird stamps (Crafty Individuals - CI-265) in black (versafine onyx) and heat embossed with black and cut out. I mounted them on a scrap of Japanese paper, torn at the bottom. This was layered onto an ice blue card base (3x6"), with a scrap of textured blue, and a scrap of black. The sentiment (A Muse) is stamped in black India ink. Back to the stamp desk - it's a day off and the girls are happy playing. Yesterday's table cloth is drying on the line so I can feel like I'm doing housework and stamp guilt-free!


Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely card. Love the squares and torn paper.
    I often use a tag or left over card to soak up excess ink/mists from my craft sheet....they usually turn out to be the best backgrounds! Great minds think alike!
    Good to see you finding some crafting time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card and really like the torn paper.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi
    I saw this entry over at Crafty Individuals Challenge.
    Beautiful.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete