Friday 11 March 2011

Inkurable Stampers - Bookmark Challenge


Here's my bookmark for the current Inkurable Stampers challenge. Well, current for the next 11 hours. Nothing like under the wire, and this challenge ran a bit long too. I thought it would be easy to whip off a bookmark. Not so much! This one was whipped off, and it shows. Still, it was fun to get all inky, and if I didn't have to sleep for most of the next 11 hours, I would probably do another one.
This one features Darkroom Door stamps (words and botanical silhouettes) and a Stampers Anonymous flourish in gold. All ink is Distress ink and the ribbon is hand-dyed (not by me) silk ribbon.
My box of goodies from Darkroom Door was amazing: a TON of new stamps and only two duplicates, film strips, paper, kits, word strips, photo chips, a punched red circle (!), and a sheet of cling mount so I could get some stamps mounted already. So many goodies, and two new sets (since I was already paying for shipping, it seemed smart). Rubbery goodness all round.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you made the bookmark challenge.
    Love the beautiful colours and combination of yummy stamps!
    I also got the 'surprise' box of Darkroom Door products...just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning bookmark Karen! I love the colours & layers of stamping!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the soft colours in this. You managed to create a pastel combination that's not too "pastel-y" if that makes any sense at all. All the vintage touches create a more sophisticated result...not usually a pink or pastel fan, but I love this!! You may have caused me to re-evaluate my dislike for the softer side.
    Absolutely lovely bookmark, Karen.

    ReplyDelete