Thursday 13 May 2010

Seashells in Monochrome


Here's another card I made using a sheet from my Ecoline stash. (I had made a bunch of background papers one day in different colours - this one used blue and pickling salt.)
The main image is one I got at my LSS (impression obsession) with the coordinating sand dollar image. I stamped the main image in black (versafine I think) and accented it with white gel pen and glitter pen. I distressed the edges a bit and let it sit for a couple of days while I figured out what to do with it. The backdrop, which could probably be a bit bigger, is kraft and sahara sand, with a Pacific Point piece at the bottom. All the background card base is stamped with the sand dollar in Pumice Stone (Distress Ink) and the blue part is sprayed with Riptide Glimmer Mist. The vellum bit is stamped with a Tim Holtz (Stampers Anonymous) scroll stamp, "inked" up with Snow Cap paint dauber. I thought the paint would be a nice quick-dry choice for the vellum, and it did work well. The sand dollar accent is stamped on kraft and highlighed with pencil crayon and stickles. Once everything was glued down, etc., I accented the card with Icicle stickles and little pearls (Hero Arts). This will be the perfect card for a destination wedding, don't you think? Too bad I don't move in destination wedding circles. I'm sure the perfect occasion for this card will present itself (e.g., "Congratulations Pearl Diving College Graduate" or "To my wife, for our first stamping cruise together" - hey, a girl's gotta dream!).
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment