Monday 10 May 2010

More Ecoline Birds


Here's another bird card, with the focal panel cased from Godelieve Tijskens. I had these backgrounds in my orphaned papers basket, waiting for a good home. The pink and pinky blue ones are Ecoline backgrounds, and the green I whipped up to go with it using distress inks and a blending tool. I stamped the bird block (Crafty Individual) once or twice on each colour using Versafine Onyx Black (but now I see that Godelieve embossed hers and I like that better. Coulda shoulda woulda!). I cut the pieces apart and glued them to a black mat. After a lengthy hemming and hawing process, I matted again onto Sahara Sand, which I stamped with a ship's record stamp (Heather's Stamping Haven, from her own genealogy!) and treated to a buffing in shades of pink and blue distress ink. The avocado card base (PTI) got spritzed with olive vine and riptide glimmer mist. I thought it would be fun to add some thread to the main panel, so I poked some holes and added waxed thread (black first, didn't like it, so now it's blue), that I got from Quietfire Designs. The card base also has a rectangular Tim Holtz (Stampers Anonymous) tickety stamp in the background around the border. It doesn't show up in the scan.
My mother was visiting and helped me solve my Paint Shop Pro woes so there was one day there when I didn't hate it. Now that she's gone, PSP is back to devilling me with grayed out options and her trick of clicking the green "apply" arrow doesn't work since PSP keeps it grayed out. It's hard when you only have 10 minutes to blog to spend 9.5 minutes trying to ungray the menu in PSP.
Thanks for stopping by!
PS Nimmy - thank you so much for your lovely comment on the purple bird card! It totally made my day :-) In fact, thank you for all your comments! They are much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment