Saturday 3 January 2009

Agapanthus sympathy card



I needed a sympathy card, and this agapanthus panel seemed like a good choice. Its soft, muted colours suited the tone. I had done it up for something else, but it didn't suit that application so it has been waiting on my desk to be used. I really like this image - it's fresh and modern, but is still quite botanical. I also like the positive and negative images built into the same stamp.

I inked the agapanthus stamp (Stampendous) with a pale blue chalk ink and stamped on dove grey paper that has a shimmery fleck in it. I stamped the image again in brown pigment ink and embossed it with Espresso embossing powder. The edges of the panel are inked with that same pale blue. It was either Aspen Mist (Versamagic chalk ink) or Ice Blue (Colorbox) - I don't remember which. I added a border with a grey Tombow marker (N79) to frame the image. The panel is mounted on Close to Cocoa (Stampin' Up), finished off with a knot of Periphery ribbon (BasicGrey) and pewter brads. The whole thing is mounted on a very pale blue Memory Box duplex card. There is a sympathy sentiment inside (Heather's Stamping Haven).


Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment