Sunday 16 November 2008

Wedding Card


This is the card I made my cousin for her wedding. The nice thing about a homemade card is that you can make it in the wedding colours. My cousin's invitations were teal and ivory, so I went with a teal theme in the card. The inspiration for the design came from lots of different people on splitcoaststampers when I was looking through the Baroque Motifs gallery. I stamped the swirl and the little flowers and cut them out, and added lots of half-back pearls and seed beads. There is a layer of silver paper matting, so this was a very glamourous card in real life.


Must go and help DD1 make her birthday party invitations. DH carved some fish stamps out of potatoes and we will stamp them in Lumiere paint. I'll be back....


Well, we're done with the invitations. I'll have to post a sample when they're done. We had a great time stamping with the Lumiere paints. DH did a fabulous job carving fish - several varieties and lots of colours of Lumieres made for really wonderful fish.


Thanks for stopping by!


Supplies (All Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted): Stamps: Baroque Motifs; Ink: Taken with Teal, Night of Navy, silver encore; Paper: Shimmer White, Taken with Teal, non-SU silver, Night of Navy; Other: pearls - Pretties Kit; turquoise seed beads - Miss Priss, silver embossing powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment