Sunday 25 May 2014

Watercoloured Poppies



Hello! Here's a card I made with a technique shown in the On-Line Watercolour class I've been taking.  I was lucky enough to have a weekend of stamping with a great friend and we had a wonderful time playing in the stamp room.  I really wanted to try this techinque and my friend had the Sheena Douglass poppy stamp, which was perfect for the technique.  You can find great inspiration and instructional vidoes on Sanketi's blog here.  The top card was my first effort and the bottom card was my second attempt.  I like them both, but I like the composition in the second one better.  I also stamped the leaves in green, which makes for a softer look I think.  For the colour medium, I used a Windsor and Newton student watercolour set.  The sentiments are stamped in yellow pigment ink and embossed with Sahara Pearl (Many thanks - Stampin' Up; Happy Birthday  josephinekimberling for Impress Rubber Stamps).
This was a wonderful techinque to try and I had so much fun making these.  I have a Sheena Douglass sweet pea set that I want to try next.  I just couldn't get off the poppy kick.  I made two other watercolour technique cards, but will post them another day.  I need to dash and get ready for a special evening service at church tonight.  Thanks for stopping by!



3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! These are right up my alley, Karen. Great job on them, I love the wash-y (technical term :D) look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, fabulous! Love those vibrant poppies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Karen, I love them both equally! I say frame them! I bet the persons who receive them will! Lovely!!

    ReplyDelete