Tuesday 5 July 2011

Summer Card Camp Week 2


Hello! Here's my card for Summer Card Camp, Week 2, featuring this week's colour combination (pale yellow, rusty orange, poppy, lime, grass green). I'm also using this card for this week's Bellarific Friday at Stamping Bella. I placed the three daisy stamps on an acrylic block and stamped them down the length of a 3"x6 1/2" piece of Bella's Bestest paper. I chose Copics in this scheme, or as close as I could get. I don't have a juicy yellow green like that - all mine are a bit greyer. I love that juicy lime colour - you can almost smell the lime zest! Anyway, I coloured it and then had to figure out the layout, which has to include ribbon for this week's Bellarific challenge. You know me and ribbon (love-hate releationship - I love ribbon, it hates me). Anyway, I finished off the card by matting onto some So saffron (SU) and Poppy Parade (SU) in an oblong card. I embellished the flowers with matching stickles (lime green, yellow, copper, Christmas red) so they're quite sparkly in real life.

NSR: Two notable family achievements today: DD2 (age 5) rode her two-wheeler today for the first time, no one holding on, no training wheels, just free-wheeling down the street and pleased as Punch. She must have gone up and down the street a dozen times (Hubby's going to be sore tomorrow - jogged alongside). Second notable achievement, different scale, different continent, different generation. Grandpa is due to reach the summit of Mt Kilimanjaro at sunrise, which is some time in the middle of the night tonight my time (see earlier post on baffling nature of timezones). He was going to try to send a text, but wasn't sure whether it would work. Part of me hopes that at least mountain tops are unsullied by digital traffic. But part of me hopes it works. Apparently he's having a great time and really enjoying himself.


Thanks for stopping by!




4 comments:

  1. Love the colors on your card! Sweet flowers but most of all I really LOVE that sentiment :-) Oh so true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job and congrats on the home front! Bike riding and mountain climbing. wow

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sentiment is oh so true!!! and those colours look so yummy together, & what fantastic achievements on both counts...I still remember DDs first solo bike ride like it was yesterday (& she's now 14!!!) time does fly when you're having fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog, Karen! Love your card, it's so summery and the sentiment's so true :)

    And talk about family achievements! Riding bike AND Mt. Kilimanjaro - wow, what a family you have, you must be so proud! :)

    ReplyDelete