Thursday 22 October 2009

Colourful Birthday


I am on a colourful card kick these days! I needed a card for a little girl's birthday party so I thought I would do one using some as-yet uninked rubber. This is Kenya Ketto - so cute, and really lends herself to multiple colours. Uncharacteristically, I found the papers first and then coloured her to match. (Usually I do it the other way around, but I was in a hurry tonight. I have a hot date with DH, Survivor/The Office and the couch.)
She's stamped with india ink, coloured with prismacolour pencils (unblended because I like the texture, and also too rushed/lazy to root out the OMS). Because it's a flower theme over at SB this week, and because it's for a 7-year-old girl, I added some flowers, embellished with rhinestones. Also a rhinestone on her wand. I will add some glitter now, but wanted to scan it in and I will be in trouble if I get any more glitter on the scanner....
Thanks for stopping by!
Supplies: I am not allowed to post most of them here under the rules of my demonstrator agreement but if you want to know, email me and I will answer. Paper: whisper white, basic black and rose red (SU).

1 comment:

  1. I love what you did with her. She looks so fresh and bright. I have one of the Ketto images too. They are far far away from my usual images but I'm hoping my granddaughters will like them. There must be a little bit of funky left in me 'cause I like them too. Nice card. When you say India ink do you mean from a bottle? Is there such a pad? - Nimmy

    ReplyDelete